How do you make the onboarding process great in a way that maintains an ongoing good client relationship? An organized onboarding process is guaranteed to build a trusting relationship between you and your client.
In this episode of The Agency Blueprint, I’m joined by Taylor McMaster, founder of DOT & Company. She and her team help digital marketing agencies with full-service client account management so they can get out of the day-to-day and grow their agency. We discuss the dos and don’ts of the onboarding process and the power of proactive communication with your client.
Listen in to learn more about non-salesy communication and the successful onboarding of clients.
- [1:39] What would you say that an agency can go about wowing their customer during their onboarding time?
- [6:03] What are the things to avoid and things to do during the onboarding process?
- [11:22] What is the best non-salesy way to ask for a testimonial from a customer after a successful onboarding?
- [17:15] How often should and would you recommend that agencies communicate with clients?
- [21:34] What are your thoughts on the client gifting strategy?
What You’ll Discover:
- [1:46] How to start the onboarding process from the sales perspective.
- [4:43] How to show prospective clients that you’re listening and care.
- [6:08] The importance of proactive communication and transparency during onboarding.
- [11:39] The best strategy to get testimonials from your customers without coming off as salesy.
Connect with Taylor:
- [17:24] The daily pause – the practice of proactively and effectively communicating with a client.
- [21:44] How to have the gifting process in place and get creative with how you gift your clients.
Never Lose a Customer Again by Joey Coleman